Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Final


As a writer, I have learned that I am not a blogger. Having set deadlines, and specific topics to write about doesn’t spark my interest to write. Granted, we were given multiple opportunities to write about anything we wanted, but still, the times that we had specific topics to discuss/ write about weren’t for me. I feel too much commitment with blogging; commitment that I don’t have the time for. Learning about digital writing was intriguing though. Having the opportunity to learn different teaching styles and platforms that my peers have used or are currently learning about is great, especially since I haven’t heard of most of the digital writing tools we discussed in the class. The biggest challenge with blogging as a class or with a class is the commitment. Every student has to be committed to participating and posting; replying is a big responsibility too, and not everyone will reply every week or provide effective feedback in their replies. Far too often in my internship I would see student replies consisting of “I like what you had to say”, which is too bland of a response to be considered an actual reply. The positives about blogging include learning new tips and features when it comes to writing, learning about yourself as a writer, and partaking in a community.

1 comment:

  1. Time is always an issue. We make time for what we value. One work around is that you could have a blog where each student takes a day. Glad that you made the committment to try it out.

    ReplyDelete