Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Book Reflection


I chose to read Teaching Arguments by Jennifer Fletcher. It was a difficult decision to figure out which book I would read for the class, but I chose Teaching Arguments because of the cover to be honest. I like the colors. That sounds really petty, but the text turned out to be very informative. Fletcher was really able to grab my attention with this text by providing the readers with many examples, real life situations, and activities to include in the classroom. Chapter 6 “Analyzing and Integrating Ethos, Pathos, and Logos” was my favorite chapter in the text because it closely related to what I was teaching, grading, and providing assistance for with some of my students in internship 1 on FLVS. Reading this chapter allowed me to provide my students with better examples, better assistance for them to comprehend the differences between the three.

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover- it is clean and sharp. Whatever it takes to get you to read a book is not petty. Cover design exists for a reason. I am excited that you got to actually try out some of the ideas in your FLVS class. That is a great place to start!

    ReplyDelete