Monday, October 24, 2016

Rising Star

To celebrate a friend's birthday a few of us went to Universal's City Walk to consume some adult beverages and have a good time. While there, we decided to see what Rising Star was all about. If you don't know, Rising Star is a karaoke joint that has a full band playing a slew of songs for the attendants to attempt to sing. We all thought it would be a great idea to write down the two songs we would like to sing - there was a list of 100+ songs to choose from. One of the songs we thought about choosing was by the Backstreet Boys, but only two people were allowed on stage at a time. That was a bummer. Anyways, we all wrote down the two songs we would want to sing. Luckily, my name was never drawn because I simply cannot sing well. Birthday boy's name was drawn though. He got up and sang some country song; I don't even know the name because country music just isn't my thing. It was pretty bad; at the same time it was hilarious. Needless to say, if you and some friends want to have a fun time I recommend Rising Star. It's cheap and will provide for an evening of laughter, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go there, but never have. My friend who was a huge karaoke fan always went there. Would you believe that she couldn't sing....but her singing style was all about the enthusiasm of singing. Me--not so much..I'd rather watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Rising Star. I get in for free with my Universal ID, but the drinks are so expensive. It's a lot of fun though! Try O'shucks down I Drive when they have karaoke nights. It's cheaper and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete